- PhD, Health Science Technology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2015)
- BA, Applied Math in Neuroscience, Harvard University
- sensory representation; Categorical perception; Hierarchical encoding; Population coding; Sparse representations; Invariance; Temporal processing; Cortical circuitry and cell types
I am studying how the various regions of auditory cortex represent natural stimuli such as vocalizations. Marmosets have a diverse and extensively characterized vocal repertoire and use these vocalizations for commfunication. I am also interested in the mechanisms underlying harmonic template neurons, and in the receptive field properties and computational roles of different types of neurons in different lamina.
- Liu XP, Koehler KR, Mikosz AM, Hashino E, Holt JR. Functional development of mechanosensitive hair cells in stem cell-derived organoids parallels native vestibular hair cells. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11508.
- Liu XP, Wooltorton JR, Gaboyard-Niay S, Yang FC, Lysakowski A, Eatock RA. Sodium channel diversity in the vestibular ganglion: NaV1.5, NaV1.8, and tetrodotoxin-sensitive currents. J Neurophysiol. 2016; 115(5):2536-55.
- Maison SF, Liu XP, Eatock RA, Sibley DR, Grandy DK, Liberman MC. Dopaminergic signaling in the cochlea: receptor expression patterns and deletion phenotypes. J Neurosci. 2012; 32(1):344-55.